- EXPLORE Methodology strategies.
- EXAMINE research, rationale and application.
- EXPERIENCE the Methodology in motion.
- Create a FIRST STEP PLAN for implementation.
The Mockingbird Methodology is a collection of research-based strategies and best practices designed to create SAFE, JOYFUL, ACTIVE, and ENGAGING classrooms.
The research-based approach focuses on the LEARNER EXPERIENCE.
You can learn more about the methodology here.
The workshop is usually from 9-4 with an hour lunch and several breaks.
An open mind, comfortable shoes, and a joyful smile.
Expect to be emotionally, physically, and mentally engaged.
Your facilitator is Tamara Thompson. Click here to learn more about your facilitator.
habits of master educators
- Learning is Visible
- Learning is Active
- Learning is Psychologically Safe
- Learning is Socially Non-Threatening
MAKE LEARNING VISIBLE
- Strategy: Visible Learning Language
- Concept: The Anatomy of Trust
Make Learning psychologically Safe
- Strategies: Wheel of Psychological Momentum
- Concept: The Empowerment Pyramid
- Concept: Internal Dialogue is Powerful
- Concept: The Agents of Influence
- Concept: Language Signals
- Concept: Anchoring a Habit
MAKE LEARNING ACTIVE
- Strategies: 8 Engagement Strategies of Master Educators
- Concept: Memory Formation Model
- Concept: Flash Review with Progress Wall
MAKE LEARNING SOCIALLY NON-THREATENING
- Strategies: Overcoming Reluctant and Resistant Behaviors
- Strategies: Redirection Cues
- Concept: The Safe Path Formula
- Concept: Gradual Release Model
IMPROVEMENT FORMULA AND DEVELOPING MASTERY
- Strategies: Improvement Formula
- Implementation First Steps and Developing Mastery